15 WAYS TO UNCOVER YOUR PASSION (AND TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF!)
15 ways to uncover your passion (and take the pressure off!):
1. Take a step back, take the pressure off and allow the space for it to come to you. When we create space in our lives, that’s when more can come IN!
2. You can’t think your way in, you have to FEEL it. Do what makes you feel good.
3. Just do it. Success LOVES action! You won’t find your purpose on the sideline, but you will find it out on the field. Don’t be afraid to try new things and fail (otherwise known
as learn). Inaction just causes a deeper level of uncertainty. Action = results & clarity.
4. Seek Mentorship. No matter what area you’re thinking of trying out or heading in to, get a mentor. Someone who has paved the way for where you want to go. This was a
GAMECHANGER for me!
5. Invest in yourself. Both financially and with time.
6. Embrace your inner child. Have fun, play, create. Don’t be afraid to be crazy and silly and dance like no one is watching. Chances are, they are on their phone anyway.
7. Break up with ‘the one’. The ONE THING that you’re meant to do with your life. Lean in to your passions, try new things. Stop resisting the unknown and go for it. Being multi-passionate can lead us exactly to where we are meant to be and provide the space for innovation. Life is meant for change, growth and evolution. Go with the flow! You are here – you are already on ‘purpose’.
8. Eliminate noise and distractions of things that don’t serve you and add in things that create value.
9. Be willing to step outside your comfort zone and fail. Google famous failures – there’s not a single person who didn’t have a massive impact on the world that hasn’t faced rejection, obstacles and failure. What they did have in common is they kept trying.
10. Make over your mindset. This is KEY to creating the life you want. Our thoughts powerfully create our reality. Who do you need to BECOME in order to have the life you want.
What would that version 2.0 of you do? What choices would they make?
11. Implement rituals to create habits. When willpower and motivation give way, habits kick in. Start living from that place of a growth & success mindset so you’re ready for your
vision. Pay particular attention to how you start & end your day.
12. Eliminate ‘I don’t know’ from your vocabulary. By taking this off the table, you allow the space to find out. Reframe – ‘I allow the space to find out.’ [THIS WAS HUGE FOR ME!]
13. No skill is wasted. If you try something and it doesn’t stick, you still learned something valuable. You can only connect the dots looking backwards.
14. You are the average of the 5 people you spend your time with. Spend time with people who uplift you, inspire you and who are in the game of life.
15. Get in to the process of proving yourself wrong – and LOVING IT. Whatever you say you can’t do, take action and DO IT. Learn to be in the process of saying you can. It’s fun! Trust me.
YOU GOT THIS! If you want to keep diving deeper, check out my FREE Passion & Purpose Starter kit that has even more tools, resources and questions. I crammed it full of what supported me on my own journey to uncovering what lit me up – I hope it supports you too. GET IT HERE.